Come explore the cannery property on our Historic Guided Walking Tour or cruise the beautiful inlet…
Don't have time to stay overnight? Come explore the cannery property on our Historic Guided Walking Tour or take a cruise around the inlet with our in house tour company Inner Coast Inlet Tours!
$60 per person, with children aged 12 and under half price.
- Minimum of 2 guests
- Approx 2-3hrs departing from Bella Coola Harbour
- *Advanced reservations required
Tour information at www.innercoastinlettours.com
Start our tour at the Bella Coola wharf, where you are picked up to be shuttled across the inlet on our boat the “Slim Jim”. From the boat you can expect to see eagles flying by or the head of a curious seal popping up to say hello. At the cannery walk along a shaded trail overlooking the property to the old general store complete with stocked shelves of merchandise left behind. We have everything from old pop bottles to the fishermen's preferred brand of canned tobacco! From there travel to the old main office where you can look through original cannery records and newspapers from decades past.
Other highlights of the tour include viewing the old cannery workers residences, walking along the rocky beach and watching the thousands of wild salmon and trout spawn in the beautiful stream that runs though the property! Our tour ends with a light snack and coffee in the restored former manager's residence, which has a beautiful patio for sunny days, and a visit to our onsite gallery and gift shop.
- *Tour ranges from 2-3 hours, seven days a week departing from the Bella Coola wharf, depending on availability.
- Guests should dress for the weather, (bring a jacket!) and should have appropriate footwear for walking (no flip flops).
- We are not wheelchair accessible and guests should be prepared for a walking tour that includes uneven surfaces.
- **All tours are weather dependent and there is a possibility that tours may be cancelled due to strong winds blowing across the inlet.
**For the adventurous contact www.glaciercreekoutfitting.com for fully guided kayaking trips to Tallheo Cannery and beyond...